ABK Security Services Ltd utilises store detectives to minimise shoplifting. They use their observational skills to identify the signs of attempted theft. All of ABK Security Services Ltd's store detectives often work in plain clothes and as part of a team to back up the uniformed security officers.
Store Detective's duties include:
- following shoppers who behave suspiciously
- carrying out searches of suspects
- calling the police and describing observations
- taking evidence from witnesses
- writing short reports
- giving evidence in court when necessary
Our store detectives can play a vital role in combating shoplifting which could be costing your business hundreds or even thousands of pounds a week. Dressed as a typical customer, the store detective patrols the store monitoring activity and identifying shoplifters. They carry radios and mobile phones and report to our 24/7 Control Centre regularly.